9 June 2007
Russian Baseball Invades America
Russian Baseball Invades America
Coming to a Ballpark Near You This Summer - Sponsors Sought!
It is Russia versus America all over again, this time at ballparks in big cities and small towns in the United States. For generations Russia was the United States’ greatest arch-rival, but a deeper relationship precedes that chapter dating back to 1807. This year marks the bicentennial of official diplomatic relations between the United States and Russia, and in 2007 events and celebrations will take place in both countries in total recognition of our storied shared histories. During this anniversary, the great American pastime brings us all closer together once again as we celebrate this landmark event.
This summer, the senior Russian National Baseball Team, under the direction of the Russian Olympic Committee, will embark on their 2007 U.S.A. Baseball Tour that will be an American baseball extravaganza traveling throughout the eastern United States from July 15 to August 15 including:
Games versus baseball teams in top-level summer NCAA sanctioned collegiate leagues
A series versus Team USA and Team China scheduled through Major League Baseball
Appearances at and the attendance of Major League Baseball games and stadiums
This international barnstorming tour is seeking corporate sponsorship commemorating this 200th Anniversary, supporting the internationalization of the game of baseball, and recognizing the continued affirmative friendship between the United States and Russia. By partaking in this significant multi-cultural and multi-national endeavor your participation will entitle you to the opportunities of:
Promoting international goodwill through baseball
Reaching thousands of Americans throughout the tour at games and official team appearances
Reaching multi demographics globally through countless newspaper readers and Internet users
Reaching millions of television viewers via national media outlets covering the Russian’s games
Creating a prospectively lucrative and profitable tie with the Russian Olympic Committee
As the Russian baseball players journey throughout the United States marking this bicentenary by playing baseball in big picturesque stadiums and small quaint ballparks during the dog days of the American summer, the globalization of baseball continues on. You can be an integral part of this event. By stepping up to the plate and sponsoring this series, you will hit a grand slam as a major player in this traveling baseball road show of more than seven U.S. states that will draw in fans from all walks of life; attract regional, national, and major international media coverage; and collect tighter bonds of our two countries through the grand old game that even now the Russian little leaguers are embracing.
More on sponsorship opportunities: http://www.usrccne.org/news2.phtml?m=331
Inquiries may be made to:
Founder & President
Russian International Baseball
1330 South Cornelia Street
Sioux City, Iowa 51106 USA
Russian International Baseball (RIB) was founded in 1993 out of Soviet Baseball Stateside (SBS); which was created in 1990 in an effort to further the state of the game of baseball in its early years in the Soviet Union. In autumn of 1986 the USSR Olympic Committee declared the game of baseball an official sport in the Soviet Union with the premise and stated said goal of winning gold medals in the Summer Olympic Games. RIB is an American based organization that assists Russia in the areas of developing and advancing their baseball programs through coaching, clinics, equipment, marketing, and sponsorships. RIB works directly with the Russian Olympic Committee, the Russian Baseball Federation, and the Russian National Teams of all ages. RIB is located in Sioux City, Iowa USA.
2007 U.S.A. Baseball Tour
- Who: Russian National Team vs. summer collegiate leagues, Team USA, and Team China
- What: Minimum of seventeen baseball games and maximum of twenty one games
- Where: Eastern United States in, and not limited to,: the Atlantic Baseball Confederation Collegiate League, the Coastal Plain League, the New England Collegiate Baseball League, the New York Collegiate Baseball League, the Southern Collegiate Baseball League, and in North Carolina versus USA and China
- When: Thirty-two day U.S. travel period from July 15 to August 15
- How: Through your front line support of this worldly baseball happening
Russian National Baseball Team
- Established: 1987; as the USSR National Baseball Team by the USSR Olympic Committee
- Home: Moscow, Russia
- Manager: Dmitri Schlapnikov
- Status: Official representing baseball team of the Russian Olympic Committee (ROC), the Russian Baseball Federation (RBF), and the country of the Russian Federation in International Baseball Federation (IBAF) sanctioned events, tournaments, and championships that include, but are not limited to, the European Championships, the Baseball World Cup, and the Intercontinental Cup.
- Competition: 2007 European Championships in Barcelona, Spain beginning September 7; the European Olympic Qualifier Championship for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games to be held in Beijing, China
The Russian National Baseball Team is comprised of the best of the best of Russian baseball players. This year is the 20th Anniversary of baseball in Russia with championship on-field play starting from absolute scratch in the spring of 1987. Since 1992 eleven players from the former Soviet Union have signed Minor League baseball contracts to play in the United States. This past October the Minnesota Twins signed Russian National Team left-handed pitcher Nikolay Lobanov to a minor league contract. The goal of this trip is to properly and fully prepare the Russian National Baseball Team to play in the 2007 European Championships where they will be competing for a spot in the 2008 Summer Olympics.
Joining the USRCCNE is Easy!
Members of the USRCCNE become a part of a vibrant network of individuals and firms dedicated to furthering business opportunities between the U.S. and Russia. We work with business organizations in the US, (specializing in the New England region) and in Russia to bring exposure to the USRCCNE, and ultimately, to our members. Join today!